Wednesday 20 August 2014

I have been jobless since 2003

This is the reason why many Nigerian politicians always want to die in political office. Most of them lack what it takes to be effective outside government job, due to their inability to build capacity for themselves.

Former Speaker of the House of Reps, Alhaji Gali Na’Abba, has opened up that he had been searching for job since he left his leadership role in the National Assembly in 2003.
He said, “In the last 11 years since I left the House of Representatives, I have been trying to find what to do. I have looked and considered various things to do professionally, I still have not come out with something.
“But today, I have learnt how lucrative it is to be an MC. Without trying to take the market share away from people like Adesuwa, let me say that I have now found something to do.
“From today, I want to become an MC. May be the next time the host is organising programme, my name will feature as the MC.”

His comment was based on the host, Okei-Odumakin’s earlier remarks. She had while delivering her welcome address, thanked popular broadcaster, Adesuwa Onyenekwe, for offering to serve as MC free.

The minimum Adesuwa usually charge per outing as MC is N1m.


It would be recalled that Na’Abba, a member of Peoples Democratic Party, represented the Kano Municipal Federal Constituency of Kano from 1999 to 2003 during President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration.

He spoke during a national stakeholders’ summit on gender-based violence affecting young people in Nigeria, organised by the Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin-led Women Arise for Change Initiative.

With the revelation made at the event, Na'Abba has decided to take up the job of a Master of Ceremony.

SOURCE:www.punchng.com

No comments:

Post a Comment